September 2018 Athlete of the Month, Donny!
Published September 4, 2018
ATHLETE OF THE MONTH
- What was life like before you became a member?
My life was good and always has been.
- At the time you enrolled, were you already exercising? What was your previous background in fitness?
Yes. I ran, did pushups as well as pullups on daily basis. I also was playing recreational sports.
- What originally prompted you to seek us out?
I knew someone that brought me to CrossFit.
- What was your goal when you originally signed up?
To try something new out in life.
- What have you liked best about working with us?
That I have become a better person throughout my struggles. CrossFit has given me a positive outlet from the stressors of my life.
- What are you most proud of achieving since you started?
That I have been consistently committed to doing CrossFit for 5 years throughout the good times and the bad times.
- With everything that you have accomplished, has your view of yourself changed?
Yes, I have changed throughout the years with many different dimensions of my personality. Some I like and some I hope to change with the help of a positive influence like CrossFit.
- What would you say to anyone else who might be dealing with any similar struggles you did?
That no matter what the struggle is in my life, the only way I obtained peace or contentment is to look inward. To not put so much emphasis on how things affect me, but how I can affect the things in my life. That is the biggest struggle for me. CrossFit continues to allow me to be open to the change that I want to be to myself and people around me.
- Do you have any special moments/memories?
I would say our in-house competitions and our in-house weightlifting meet.
10. What is your favorite movement/lift?