Athlete of the Month - April 2018
Published April 9, 2018
Athlete of the Month
- When did you join Keystone CrossFit? I joined in December 2010.
- At the time you enrolled, were you already exercising? What was your previous background in fitness?
I was in a bit of a slump; I ran on a regular basis and lifted but didn’t lift with any true consistency. My background in fitness is primarily Karate, I’m a Black Belt in Tang So Doo.
- What originally prompted you to seek us out?
In September of 2010 I had what I describe as a Heart Event! I didn’t have a heart attack but had a 75% blockage and had to have a stint put in. It was a stark realization that my overall health and fitness wasn’t what I thought it was. I realized at that point I needed to improve my fitness level and diet. CrossFit was relatively new, especially in our area and when I saw the Keystone CrossFit ad, I decided to give it a try! Glad I did!
- What was your goal when you originally signed up?
Improve my overall fitness and get stronger.
- What have you liked best about working with us?
The professionalism and discipline with which the box is run and even more the comradery, team cohesion, and family atmosphere that is promoted, making the whole experience enjoyable. Also, the professional instruction and advice that’s adapted to each individual athlete’s ability, strength, level, and experience level.
- What is your favorite movement/lift?
I like them all, there are some I dislike a little and they’re the ones that hurt more and are harder for me to do, however they are the ones I’m most determined to conquer. I’m closer now than ever to getting the perfect pull-up, I almost had it and then I had to have my shoulder replaced three years ago and had to start all over again but slowing getting back there!
- What are you most proud of achieving since you started?
I think my achievements are the consistency and the improvement in my fitness and strength.
- Do you have any special memories/moments?
The whole experience is special!
Thank you for the honor and privilege!