- What was life like before you became a member?
I went to several local gyms for years ,it was the same old routine. I didn’t go out of my comfort zone .
2. At the time you enrolled, were you already exercising? What was your previous background in fitness?
I was going to planet fitness 3 to 4 days a week for an hour a day . Cardio & light weight lifting.
3. What originally prompted you to seek us out?
One of my friends started doing CrossFit at another gym & said I should try it out , she thought I would really like it . So I looked for a gym closer and found KCF in Dunmore which is where I was living . Me and a friend from work joined .
4. What was your goal when you originally signed up?
I just wanted to lose some weight and get in better shape for the summer. But I got hooked right away & couldn’t imagine not doing CrossFit.
5. What have you liked best about working with us?
I love everything about it , great coaching and community. Everyone encourages each other , pushes you out of your comfort zone. I’ve been able to do things I never thought I could do . It’s a very positive environment & a lot of fun .
6. What are you most proud of achieving since you started?
I’m proud of myself for sticking with it for so long . Everytime I finish a workout I feel great .
7. With everything that you have accomplished, has your view of yourself changed?
I feel healthier and stronger than I ever have.
8. What would you say to anyone else who might be dealing with any similar struggles you did?
I would say to them , don’t be afraid to try CrossFit. It doesn’t matter what fitness level you’re at or what age you are . You can scale any workout to your own fitness level.
9. Do you have any special moments/memories?
April 1st will be my 10 year anniversary, so I’m really proud of myself for sticking with it for so long.
10. What is your favorite movement/lift?
Clean & jerks and push presses are my favorites.