- What was life like before you became a member?
Before I became a member, I felt like I was watching my life go by with no control. It felt like I was just watching a movie. I was really depressed and withdrawn. CrossFit has really given me the power to take control of situations and my life.
2. At the time you enrolled, were you already exercising? What was your previous background in fitness? I was lifting weights at 10X Fitness in Taylor. I used youtube videos to make sure my form was correct. Did not enjoy it at all. I had lost 80 pounds to join the navy but due to working 36 hour shifts I didn’t have time to workout so I got fat again. I was able to run half marathons, now I hate 400m runs.
3. What originally prompted you to seek us out?
My sister/my A1C being close to prediabetic.
4. What was your goal when you originally signed up?
I didn’t have a goal when I signed up. It was just something to do.
5. What have you liked best about working with us?
I really like how approachable the coaches and other members are. The classes vary from beating yourself to near death or taking your time and focusing on your form with lifting.
6. What are you most proud of achieving since you started?
Getting a semi front rack and being able to do full wall walks are two that come to mind.
7. With everything that you have accomplished, has your view of yourself changed?
I am happy with the person I am now. I am confident and not embarrassed to take risks or chances.
8. What would you say to anyone else who might be dealing with any similar struggles you did?
Become as vulnerable as you can to allow people in to help you. Also just show up.
9. Do you have any special moments/memories?
Showing up to cheer my sister on in a competition, my stomach was full of spicy garlic beef and I was in crocs and pajamas. Avery needed a partner and ya boy was there.
10. What is your favorite movement/lift?
I really like box jumps. I don’t know why. It just feels classic and primal. Turkish get ups are cool too.