- What was life like before you became a member?
Before I became a member, my life was less regimented. My routine consisted of work, spending time with my kids and catching up on my hobbies. Around six months prior to joining, I started walking a lot, at least six miles a day so I could get my steps in. Prior to that I hadn’t really exercised in years.
2. At the time you enrolled, were you already exercising? What was your previous background in fitness?
When I joined CrossFit, I was walking a lot and had started to lose weight. I was feeling better, and I knew it was the perfect time to step up my fitness routine. When I was younger, I was always active, I played sports in school, rode my bike all the time and ran for fun.
3. What originally prompted you to seek us out?
I felt like crap! I was extremely out of shape, depressed and not living my best life. I was medically discharged from the Army after sustaining some injuries. When I was convalescing, I became lazy and I was never fully rehabilitated, not moving around made my physical issues worse and it went on for the better part of 10 years. I just had enough, and I needed to feel healthy again.
4. What was your goal when you originally signed up?
My original goal was to lose a few pounds and just see what I was capable of. I wasn’t sure what to expect.
5. What have you liked best about working with us?
I really like that the training has met me where I was at physically and the classes work with my busy schedule. The support I’ve received from the coaches has been amazing!
6. What are you most proud of achieving since you started?
I’m so happy with the gains that I’ve made and I’m excited for everything the future holds.
7. With everything that you have accomplished, has your view of yourself changed?
I’m so much happier with myself. I’m happy that I decided to do this and change my life. I feel great!
8. What would you say to anyone else who might be dealing with any similar struggles you did?
Take a chance and make it work for you! You have everything to gain!
9. Do you have any special moments/memories?
Honestly the entire experience has been great, and I’ve really enjoyed it. It’s hard to just single it down to one thing.
10. What is your favorite movement/lift?
Turkish get ups.
This program has really helped me improve my overall fitness, health, and wellbeing. I’m grateful for the nutrition goals Tim has helped me meet and I can’t believe I can move my body again in certain ways. Doing squats was so painful at first and now I’m used to it. Not exercising for so long made everything harder and more painful but now I have much better mobility and range of motion. My energy levels have completely increased. My balance will always be an issue, but I’ve become more comfortable at doing certain movements and taking the chance to try new things. Thank you!