- What was life like before you became a member?
Life before CrossFit for me was being depressed. I was eating & drinking my emotions. I had tried several diets & programs to try losing weight but nothing was working. I was gaining more weight instead of losing it.
2. At the time you enrolled, were you already exercising? What was your previous background in fitness?
I’ve always been very active. When I enrolled I was doing beach body programs, hiking, walking and pole dancing.
3. What originally prompted you to seek us out?
I had signed my daughter up for MMA & would see women/men lifting heavy. I was amazed and thought to myself, wow, imagine if I could do that one day.
4. What was your goal when you originally signed up?
My goal was to lose the weight I’ve been trying to lose for years.
5. What have you liked best about working with us?
I love being pushed to my limits even when I don’t believe I can do more. I love how welcoming everyone is and kind.
6. What are you most proud of achieving since you started?
Losing all the weight I thought I’d never be able to. I went from 155 to 128 with the nutrition plan & toning my body with the workouts. Honestly, I never thought I’d be where I am now & I’m so happy I started CrossFit. It has been life changing truly!
7. With everything that you have accomplished, has your view of yourself changed?
Yes, I’m the happiest I’ve ever been. People around me are always stating how much I’ve changed physically and mentally. I’m giving myself the self love I need and completely changing how I eat.
8. What would you say to anyone else who might be dealing with any similar struggles you did?
Put yourself first & take care of you because no one else will. It all starts with you. If you truly want to see a change you have to put in the effort. Once you do it, that’s only the beginning to a better life.
9. Do you have any special moments/memories?
Yes when I climbed up the rope for the first time I couldn’t believe my eyes. I never thought I’d be able to. Also, when I was finally able to do a push up. Something so simple yet so accomplishing for me since I was never able to do one, not even in high school.
10. What is your favorite movement/lift?
I love cleans, back squat, front squat, anything squats, box jumps and running (more like jogging).